First of all, let me thank you all for reading my blog and posting your questions. I am finding a large number of you are asking similar questions, mostly how to start the healing process.
The good news is, the healing process has already begun, it began before you were even aware of your illness. So what we really need to do is to allow the healing process, we need to get out of our own way. Our bodies know how to self heal, the cells know this intuitively, our toxic thoughts just don’t allow it. We don’t allow it because we are sad, depressed, fearful, resentful, angry, resentful, the list of negative emotions we carry is endless.
So the intention of this post is to give you some simple steps you can take today, to help raise your emotional state. Once your emotional state is raised, your body will take care of the rest. I have already discussed Abraham’s Emotional Guidance Scale, so those who are yet to read my book can benefit.
Some simple solutions to feeling better are:
1) Go outside, go for a walk in nature, it is one of the best ways to find relief from depression. Spending time with nature balances your mood and ultimately your body. If you can, take up gardening. Or take a dog for a walk, anything nature related is good for the soul.
2) Distract your mind from your health (or other issues) by watching feel good, uplifting movies. Watch lots of comedy. Many people have healed themselves with attention to comedy and lots of laughter. For me, what allowed my aching body to heal was following my passion for art, and picking up a paint brush!
3) Eat better quality food, which means more veggies and fruits, more naturally occurring foods, and less processed foods. Processed foods contain artificial additives that prevent your mind from functioning at its best, and also slow your cells down. Of course, never eat something you do not like, even if its a ‘super food’. If you force food onto yourself, the negative emotions you feel will cause you more harm than good.
4) Spend time with people who are happy and positive, which often means children. Children are connected to their Source and wise beyond measure, so watch them and take note! Having fun with nieces or nephews or any kids in your family will bring you relief. Children help you forget your problems and give your mind a rest. This relief is needed for you to feel better.
5) Start an Appreciation Journal, or Love List as I have mentioned in my Book: Alchemy of Healing. This trains your mind to look for positive aspects of life. You have many things in your life to appreciate, you just need to look for them. Make sure you WRITE them down, it is not enough to just think of aspects you appreciate. Write them down!!!! The simple act of writing (with your hands and not with a keyboard) creates thousands of new connections in your brain! It is also not enough to just write. Make sure you FEEL appreciation for what you write about. The action of writing with the emotion of feeling appreciation is the most powerful tool for change.
If you start with the 5 items listed above, you will very quickly see a change in your mood. And so will other people.
Be kind to yourself and take care of yourself, avoid negative people, news or media. Do not try and explain to anyone you are “self healing” as most people will knock what they don’t understand. Do not try and explain anything to anyone. Give all your attention to yourself and focus ONLY on FEELING BETTER right now. Look for things that make you feel better! Only you can figure this out. And so only you can heal yourself. The power is and always was in your own hands! How we feel has little to do with our life and everything to do with our thoughts. So pick your thoughts very carefully.
Try these and please let me know how you go!